California Request For Order Family Law

When you file for divorce, parentage case, or legal separation, you may also file what is called a Request for Order (RFO). This is a common “law and motion” practice in California family law cases.

Disagreements between parties may arise during the divorce proceedings or after the pronouncement of a judgment. The courts can make findings and orders to resolve these issues. Commonly, Requests for Order often relate to child custody, child support, visitation, spousal support, etc. When you’re filing for a Request for Order in California, or responding to an RFO, talk to a Legal Document Assistant for help with drafting and filing the documents.

What Does a Request Order Do?

A Request for Order is an act of asking the judge to make certain orders for child support, etc., and a court order for the other party. Whenever a family law litigant wishes to request the courts for temporary orders or post-judgment orders, they will file a motion (RFO).

Questions? Let's Chat!

Brewer Legal​ is a registered and bonded legal document assistance company that saves you time, money, and headaches. We prepare all documents, file the documents with the appropriate governing agency, and serve the other party should the law require it. We do not charge by the hour; one flat fee covers it all.

(805) 941-1113


Michael Johnson
Michael Johnson
Thank you for all of your help with my divorce. I appreciate you so much. You made the process so easy!
Tisha Cain
Tisha Cain
Tyler has always been very responsive to our family needs. We really feel as if there is nothing outside his wheel house and he can do anything. I have referred many family members to We the People because they are trusted and I always feel as if we are in good hands. Thank you so much for always bailing us out. Much appreciated!!
Joanna Ramos
Joanna Ramos
Tyler is a very professional person. He is patient and kind, listens to everything you have to say and takes your concerns seriously.